Racing License & Crew Credentials Below, we outline all you need to know to kick your season off on the right foot. Please read the entire page before beginning registration for events or applying for Driver / Crew Credentials.
Formula Race Promotions events are sanctioned and insured by SCCA PRO Racing
• 2021 Event Pricing, Points & Purse, Eligibility, FRP Rules, Links, Instructions, Forms & Other important & helpful info on each of our Series “For Competitors Page” on the FRP website — http://www.RaceFRP.com.
ALL participants — drivers & crew & guests desiring hot pit access MUST BE a member of SCCA.
Guests or Crew may participate in FRP events without being an SCCA member, but will not be allowed in hot pit areas. Anyone found in a hot pit area without proper credentials will be fined ($500), and this fine will accrue to the associated team.
- To join or renew one’s SCCA membership, go to: https://www.scca.com - click on “Join SCCA/Renew” (upper right corner) and follow prompts.
- The fee to be a member of SCCA is the responsibility of participants, and is not included in any event fee due FRP.
- One can also join or renew their SCCA Membership when signing up for a Pro Driving License
or FRP Crew Card (see links below). •
- There is also a “Weekend SCCA Membership ($50), available for sign up at each event.
FRP Specific Crew Credential
For Crew Members desiring an FRP HardCard Credential, (with proof of Annual Waiver signed)
Click Here: FRP - SCCA Pro - CREW Hardcard Application
Follow Prompts - download and fill out the Credit Card Form (if applicable) & Appropriate
Annual Waiver, and submit these with picture.
— Adult Waivers need to be Notarized OR signed by an SCCA Official —
— Minor Waivers need to be signed by BOTH Parents, AND Notarized —
— ALL Waivers need to be PRINTED in COLOR —
- You will need to be a member of SCCA, and provide your member #, or fill in "New Member" (needs CC Form) to process all together.
- There is no additional fee for the FRP Crew Hardcard - The SCCA Membership Fee is the responsibility of participants.
- IMPORTANT — An FRP PRO HARDCARD MAKES AT TRACK REGISTRATION EASIER submit your form at least 2 weeks prior to first attended event.
Drivers — 2020 Racing License Requirements
ALL Drivers participating in any FRP event are required to have, at minimum, an SCCA (Club) “Full Competition License” (Other sanctioning body licenses may be acceptable, determined on a case by case basis by FRP officials).
- Everyone; competing in F1600, F2000, Atlantic & NAF1000 for more than two weekends, needs to have an SCCA Pro License.
- An additional $125 fee applies, and this fee is the responsibility of participants (This is the FRP rate, normal cost for a Pro License is $300).
- Approval for a Pro License is automatic with a full competition (club) license.
- FRP always retrains the right to determine qualifications, and deny entry, of drivers regardless of license held.
First time and non-SCCA drivers: Your driving resume and existing license will be reviewed by SCCA & FRP stewards: upon approval you will be granted a provisional Pro license and observed by FRP staff during on track activities.
For SCCA Pro License Applications and instructions:
Click Here: FRP - SCCA Pro-Racing License - Driver Application
Membership in SCCA & Licensing does not have to be completed before Entering FRP Events on Motorsportreg, but will have to be completed prior to "wheels on track”. SCCA Pro charges a substantial late fee for License Applications received within 2 weeks of a desired first event, so do this early.